MS All Trades Limited Trading Terms & Conditions
These Conditions of Sale supersede any terms and conditions proposed by the buyer and may not be varied except with the written consent of the company.
"Company" refers to MS All Trades Limited and the trading names MS Ventilation or Education and Library Furniture.co.uk (ELF).
"the Buyer" refers to the company or individual placing the order.
"the Order" refers to each order placed by the Buyer for the supply of the Goods.
"the Goods" refers to the articles services or work to be supplied or undertaken by the Company.
"the Contract" refers to the contract made by the acceptance of the Order, by the Company under these Conditions of Sale.
- All prices are subject to Value Added Tax (VAT) which shall be added where applicable at the rate ruling at the date of the applicable tax point and shall be paid by the Buyer.
- No order placed by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Company until a written acknowledgement of the order is issued by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse the Order to delay execution of the Order to request payment in part or in full prior to execution of the order or to cancel any contract entered into with the Buyer prior to commencement of deliveries to the Buyer if the Company’s normal enquiries indicate that the Buyers credit may not be sufficient to meet the needs of the contract. The Buyer will be requested by the Company take any reasonable steps to satisfy the Company prior to the execution of the order as to its credit worthiness such as the provision of trade and bankers references.
- Credit accounts are strictly 30 days net by Invoice date. The Buyer shall not be entitled to withhold payments either wholly or in part when it becomes due on any grounds whatsoever, except where otherwise expressly agreed in writing with the Company. All payments must be made to MS All Trades Limited 45 Eglinton Street, Beith, North Ayrshire KA15 1AB. The Company shall be entitled to charge interest at the rate of two per cent (10%) above Bank of England Base Rate for the time being in force.
- In the event of cancellation of the order at any time by the Buyer for any reason whatsoever the Company shall be entitled to make a cancellation charge. Standard items will be charged at 50% of order value, non-standard items including upholstery will incur 85% of the order value.
- Any quotation or estimate made by the Company is given subject to these conditions, without prejudice to the Company's right not to accept the order, quotations will be valid for 14 days from date of issue, unless the Company states differently.
- While the Company shall endeavour to despatch or deliver the Goods within timescales agreed with the Buyer or in the absence of such agreements as soon as reasonably possible the Company shall not be liable for any costs, losses, expenses or damages caused by any delay in despatch or delivery of the Goods. In the event of any such delay the Company shall be entitled to such additional time as may be necessary to complete the Contract. Under no circumstances shall the Buyer be entitled to cancel the Order in the event of any delay unless with the specific consent of the Company on mutually acceptable terms.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company delivery of the goods shall take place to the address stated upon placement of order. Any dates specified by the Company for delivery of the goods are intended to be an estimate only and time for the delivery shall not be of the essence. Once a delivery has been signed for no claim for shortages will be accepted, however any damaged items must be reported within 48 hours. Goods once delivered, may not be returned unless their return is agreed in advance in writing by the Company and the issued completed returns note accompanies the Goods, and is subject to the following conditions:
- a) Goods are returned in a new and unused condition back to the supplied manufacturers address
- b) Any packaging remains unbroken and in reasonable condition
- c) Returns are made within two weeks of delivery of those Goods, all transport and other re-delivery costs of whatever nature are paid by the Buyer unless agreed in writing by the Company.
- The Goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery.
- Following delivery, the Goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of the Company until all debts owed by the Buyer are settled.
- No relaxation or indulgence by the Company in enforcing any of the Conditions here or granting of time by Company to the Buyer shall prejudice, affect or restrict the rights and powers of the Company hereunder nor shall any waiver of any subsequent or continuing breach thereof.
11.The prices quoted by the Company shall be correspondingly increased where between the time of the quotation and the completion of the order there are increases in the schedule rates, materials prices or other charges of the Company or where the Buyer requests work to be performed by the Company outside of the Company’s normal working hours.
12.The contract between the Company and the Buyer shall in all respects be governed by and constructed according to the laws of Scotland.
13. All products are supplied under the manufacturer’s warranty, copies of which can be supplied upon request.